Saturday, December 18, 2010

2010: The Year In Review - Top 5 EPs


This is the first time I've compiled a list of my favourite EPs in a calender year. Often, you see EPs ranked in certain publications' yearly best of album lists, but they're not really albums, are they? I suppose 7" releases aren't EPs either (as you'll see below), however the release in question - in my opinion - is so much better than the artist's extended player that I just felt it'd be an injustice not to mention it. Anyway, my top five favourite releases in the the shorter version are below. Enjoy:

5. Kurt Vile - In My Time 7"
Label: Matador Records
Release Date: November 9th


4. Giant Drag - Swan Song
Label: Roar Scratch
Release Date: February 16th







3. BXI (Boris and Ian Astbury) - BXI
Label: Southern Lord
Release Date: August 17th







2. Jesu - Dethroned
Label: Hydra Head Records
Release Date: Novermber 16th






1. The War On Drugs - Future Weather
Label: Secretly Canadian
Release Date: October 26th    







Words by Simon K.

No comments:

Post a Comment