Friday, December 3, 2010

Manics and Fresh Beginnings

So, the Manic Street Preachers are playing in town this coming month and I'm trying to put myself in the mood as you do, as a ticket has become readily available to me. About to drive across town, I scramble throughout my personal collection and pluck out 2001's Know Your Enemy and 2004's Lifeblood. These albums don't seem to get alot of attention in comparison to their earlier more "cooler" works, I'm no massive fan but they're definitely up there in my books. After a afternoon of postive conversing, Simon and I decide to pick up where we left off http://www.lullabizine.blogspot.com/ and begin under a new name and site. "We Might Be Wrong". Which you are currently looking upon. I'm still tentative about attending the upcoming gig (financial reasons, of course) but Simon inadvertantly taunts me by throwing out the idea that they may play "1985" the opening track from Lifeblood, which is a favourite of mine.

An hour later I get back into my automobile, throw Know Your Enemy on and time and time again I'm blown away by the first four tracks. "Found That Soul", "Ocean Spray", "Intravenous Agnostic" and "So Why So Sad" For some reason this time around I'm seeing them in a different perspective, I can't explain it, so just listen for yourself. There may be abit of filler on this album but it's definitely worth your time for these gems alone. It's funny to think that in their native country they'd sell out arenas equivalent our entertainment centre. Different story here, they will be playing the Hifi Bar on November 13, a particularly small venue which probably won't sell out. It seems that this countries attitude towards music today is more dedicated to to current hype bands, rather than solid bands that release consistently good records. Manic Street Preachers have been there the whole time, you probably just never looked or you checked out a track and deemed them boring because they didn't sound experimental enough or something. If anything check out this track via  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1ThVSHNlI. Oh and welcome back, or welcome to.

Words - Sean.

Postcards From A Young Man Tour 2010
Brisbane, The Hi-Fi – Saturday November 13
Sydney, The Metro – Monday November 15
Adelaide, HQ – Thursday November 18
Melbourne, The Forum – Saturday November 20
Perth, Metropolis Fremantle – Monday November 22

No comments:

Post a Comment